Increase Your ROI Simply with a Page Speed Check
Learn about the Test My Site tool to calculate your ROI and how much money you can make, simply with a page speed check and mobile optimisation.
On this blog, discussing the technical side of SEO, I talked about page speed and mobile usability. They are fundamental for good SEO because they help Google index your website and rank your page on SERPs.
Google now has a great tool - the Test My Site tool - for all marketers and developers to use and optimise their websites. You need this tool to check your mobile performance and loading speed, and make the correct website improvements. Add this tool to your SEO optimisation and improve your Google visibility.
What is page speed and site speed?
Both checks are very important when it comes to Google ranking, visibility and generating traffic to your website.
- A page speed check is an evaluation of a page’s loading time. Statistically, If it takes more than 3 seconds to load, 53% of users click out of the page. This affects the bounce rate and consequently the SEO of your website. It is a chain reaction.
- Site speed is about the loading speed of your whole website, with all your pages included. Both individual page speed and overall site speed matter. Improve the loading speed of individual pages first in order to improve the overall site’s speed.
Page and site speed are also both crucial and statistics show that:
- It takes 50 milliseconds for a user to form an opinion about your website. Website speed is their first impression of your website.
- A one second delay in page loading can result in 7% less conversions.
- 88% of people said they are less likely to revisit a website with a poor performance.
Page and site speed should be considered both in mobile usage and desktop, as people access the internet from both devices.
Does it really affect my business?
Yes. The speed of your pages - whether mobile or on a desktop - and your website is connected to a user’s experience.
When your page loads fast, the user is considerably more willing to engage with your website, to shop, read, click, scroll, learn, find and so on. This engagement is possible when your page speed is fast and loading time doesn’t take more than three seconds.
If your page speed is slow, users jump to the next site with relevant information and services. This affects your bounce rate and consequently your Google ranking.
It is important that you improve your pagespeed, both on mobile version and on desktop.
Test My Site tool
You need this free Google tool in your life and I’ll explain why.
This tool can:
- Check your mobile page speed
- Track your progress every month
- Evaluate your speed and progress with other competitors
- And estimate the true ROI affected by page speed
Check your mobile speed
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, Google has changed its algorithm to reward websites with high rankings, only if they are fully mobile optimised.
If your website doesn’t load quickly enough or work well enough on mobile, then forget about the first page on SERPs.
This does not mean though that you should focus on mobile page speed only and forget about desktop usability. Give your attention to both platforms.
It is also a good idea to check the loading speed for both individual pages and on the overall website. Ensure that your website is seamless and runs smoothly.
Track your progress every month.
Constantly tracking and utilising the data is a must. And who better to trust than Google’s tools for data acquisition? With this tool you can now check your mobile performance frequently and make the right adjustments to drive SEO in a positive direction.
Evaluate your speed and progress with other competitors.
Another key element included in this tool is competition. Your mobile page speed is evaluated depending on your competitors page speed too. You can now see how they are performing online and make the correct changes to your website.
This also creates a healthy competitive environment, encouraging website owners to strive for the better.
Estimate the true ROI affected by page speed.
This is a great tool for calculating the impact your page speed has on your business.
The ROI is mainly calculated by:
- Page speed,
- A measurement of visitor loss because of slow page loading,
- And competitor page speed evaluation.
With this Test My Site tool you can see an estimation of ROI, which helps you calculate the money you can make if you improve your page speed.
What does all this mean?
It means that mobile optimisation and page speed checks are essential, especially if you’re making money from your site. It’s important that your website is mobile friendly and fast in order to encourage online traffic to engage with your site and reach ‘purchase status’.
Also, most users use their phone to access information on Google. This tool will help you optimise your mobile version to attract those particular leads.
The ROI and benefits to your business from such a tool can be immense. For high ROI, check your page’s loading speed and mobile optimisation. Take advantage of this tool too.
More helpful tools to consider:
You can take advantage of a few more useful tools to measure page speed and whether your website is mobile-friendly.
- Mobile-Friendly Test tool: It’s a tool provided by Google and the report shows you exactly which pages need to be mobile optimised.
- Page Speed Insights: this tool is also provided by Google. The reports provide information on page performance both on mobile and desktop devices.
- GTMetrix tool: this is a page speed program that accurately calculates the speed your page loads, giving it a grade from A to F, with F being the lowest.
Expert in SEO and with over 15+ years of experience in the Fintech industry, I share my tips and insights on how to market your Fintech successfully and how to do SEO right.